Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

Wow. I just got done watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and have once again funded Charlie Kauffman's creative genius, so that feels good. If you haven't had the chance to see it, please please please check it out. Jim Carrey stars in it and it's a extremely complex story of the concept of mind erasure, fictional or not. Jim Carret meets this amazing girl played by Kate Winslet who I think it just gorgeous in this movie. She reminds me of all my girlfriends from the past, which is a good thing. We later find out that she wants her memory erased fromt their relationship, then he later wants the same thing done after finding that she had it done (which was supposedly confidential). So, well....I don't wanna ruin it, but it's quite a moving film, to say the least. It really helped me out in telling myself and hopefully someday believing that memories are made to be memories...if that makes any sense. Like all the memories that I'm now cherishing finally from college and highschool are hitting me like a brick wall, and it's extremely tough sometimes to take it all. But this movie shows that memories make who we are today and is the blood that gives us life. Memories can also be made without even knowing it, too. But, right now it's hard to believe that memories and good times are ahead. I'm transitioning my life from what once was college and school...period. It's been a scary ordeal and it's tough, I must say. New environment, new "culture", older people who aren't happy, a lot of things. It's funny how excited I was to leave a familiar place and move to a totally new place, but I think I wasn't as ready as I thought. But I know that all this is me getting used to everything. Things are getting better and I am adjusting as well, but like I said memories are made to be memories, and has made me the nice, likeable guy that I am today. The past was better than I could've ever imagined, and now I want to take on the world. So, I just want to say thank you to anyone who has brought me here today. All my wonderful friends, colleagues, girlfriends, and most of all my family. I love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home